Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eight is Enough?

I know lots of you are too young to remember this show, but...this morning our dog had 8 puppies, and that is enough.  We thought she would have 3-4 and when she had #6 I thought she was finished, but about an hour later, she birthed another one, and then another hour or so, the eighth one popped out.  Now I have never seen dogs give birth...and I realized I haven't been missing anything.  What a mess and since she chose Jenna's room and bed as her birth center, we will be cleaning!!!  I thought the girls were both going to be sick, and me too when she threw up on me after number 4.  What a morning.  She started at 5:25 and we just finished about 10:45.  She is now resting and snuggling the puppies.  You can't see all of them in this picture very well, but there are 4 very white - light ones, and 4 of the darker tones.  Should be interesting. 

1 comment:

Danelle said...

They are so cute! I really like the brownish ones...but no, sadly, we can not take one! LOL!!!