Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November Thankfulness

Time just rushes by, and I don't get things done, but I can't let myself seem ungrateful for the blessing I have.  My family is my greatest blessing.  They each have many talents and I enjoy seeing them using those talents and lifting those around them.  I can't imagine NOT having each of you. 
I am so blessed to live in America.  I get teary-eyed at the least provocation of patriotism, but that's OK.  I'm glad I'm an American and I'm proud that my father served this country during the WWII and that we have the freedoms we do.  I pray that we can do what it takes to KEEP the freedoms we all take for granted.  I hope I can instill in my children the knowledge that freedom is bought with a very high price and it takes all of us to keep it. 
I'm thankful for our home and food and all the creature comforts we have.  I spent a night in the hospital this week, and it happened to be a BLIZZARD outside, and I was sure glad I was warm and dry and that my family was safe and warm and dry.  I appreciated being able to watch the storm out the window and there was even a snowman right outside my window to watch.  If I have to go to the hospital, I'm glad it was Minidoka.  The staff is very nice and the nurses are exceptional and that makes me feel way better. 
I'm grateful for my membership in the LDS faith.  I love the gospel and the peace it brings to me.  We all have trials and troubles, but the spirit can help us through and comfort us so we can make it.  When I get discouraged, I know I can leave it all at Christ's door and He will pick it up and carry it until I can go again. 
I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and a Joyous holiday season.
Janell

No comments: