Thursday, July 2, 2009

Here We Go

Well, nothing like starting off a month with a bang. So July 1 - starts off the new Stampin' Up! catalog year. Totally Awesome - new stamps and accessories, new samples and new specials. Check out my sidebar for all kinds of new things to check out. I am so excited!!
Then summer has finally come and the weather is gorgeous, if a bit hot. We didn't really get a chance to get used to the heat before it was really hot, but I'm not complaining. I am glad we aren't having buckets of rain every day anymore. The grass is green and growing and so is the garden. I guess since Wendell is gone I better get a hoe and do something about the green growing stuff that we DON'T want. Why do weeds always grow so well?
Since the 4th of July is on Saturday, my office is closed tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to housework, sewing, and maybe a little crafting - in fact I better fit that in, since my technique club-6 is starting on Tuesday and I haven't made the samples yet - but they are darling!! I can't wait to do them and post them. My other club will be a little later and that will finish up for this year, and the next one starts in August. These are really fun and I enjoy getting to know the members well and see their talents and growth in crafts. All of you ladies are awesome!!
My son's girlfriend was crowned Miss Canyon Rim last Saturday and so she will be riding in the 4th of July parade this Saturday. Thanks to her mom's quick thinking and the "bond" we stampers make, we were able to secure a cute convertible for her to ride on. She will be so beautiful and poised for the parade. She was totally awesome in the pageant and not only won the title, but also the leadership and talent portions as well. YEA - a good amount of scholarship money that will help her reach her educational goals.
My son that is getting married, only has 22 days left of bachelorhood. Things are moving along on that front: dress coming along, food being figured out, decorations, etc. It has been a learning experience for all of us, since this is the first wedding in my family and it has been fun.
I hope you are all having a great independence day week and stop to count your blessing for the freedoms we have here in America!! Go Red, White and Blue!! thanks for stopping by.

No comments: