Saturday, May 8, 2010

May Already

Well, it is already a week into May - and I am still FREEZING!!  What happened to having spring?  I like SPRING - even some rain and cool weather, but SNOW?  in MAY?  NOT!!!! 
That said, the grass is at least turning green and some brave tulips are up and blooming around the neighborhood.  I want to plant my barrels, but am afraid they won't do well quite yet.  Maybe in a week or two.  We'll see.
I have just updated the sidebar buttons for the Stampin' Up! special and projects for this month.  I keep thinking I'll get this done right at the first, but I'm just too slow or something.  Anyway, they are done now.  They are always so cute - too bad I can't copy all of them.  That would be fun.  Then just think of the clever gifts I would have at the ready whenever I needed one. 
We had a meeting for the Fall 2010 retreat today.  FUN!!!  It is going to be a blast with lots of "scrapbook (crafting) savvy happening.  Check out our blog (janstamps.wordpress.com) or check out Four Girls and a Dream on Facebook. 
Life at home is zipping right along.  The school year is almost over, so we are trying to make the big push for those A grades, and also gearing up for summer plans.  Wendell is heading off to work at Camp Bradley (scout camp) for 6 weeks as the Nature director.  The kids and I will be holding down the fort and working at home.  Jenna has become the official Lawn Mower.  When she was able to get it done a bit ago, her and her dad had a rousing game of basketball when it was finished. 
My sis just had some surgery, so my Mom is at her home helping her out and so Rascal (the dog) is staying at our house again.  All three dogs love to romp and play together and it's fun to watch, but boy do they eat a lot.  It's funny that the biggest one is the youngest and the smallest one is the oldest. 
No pics to share today.  I'm working on that!!  I really need to take a class on how to take cool photos and then make them even cooler in photoshop.  Maybe I'll fit that into my time and budget this fall. 
Have a great week and pray for warmer weather!! 
Jan

No comments: