Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tagged

I was informed this week, that I was tagged to do a post about myself.  I don't know how many people read this blog - after all I can't manage to do many posts on it, so it's kind of boring!!  Anyway, so I am going to do it anyway. 
I live in Rupert, ID.  Except for my college years spent in Provo, UT and a few years single and as a newly wed, in So CA, I have always lived around here.  I sometimes wish we had a few more things to do (to be entertained) and definitely more stores (clothing and craft), but for the most part I'm happy here.
I am married to Wendell (for over 25 years now) and have 5 kids.  My boys are the oldest (3 of them) and they are all out of school and one is working, one is married and working and one is working and going to college.  The girls are in high school - one a junior and one a freshman. 
I enjoy crafting, especially stamping.  I have been a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! since May 1996.  WOW - that's a long time.  I love their products but the thing I love most about SU is the attitude of the company.  The best part about being a demonstrator is all the wonderful people I have met over the years!!  They make it all worth it. 
My newest endeavor is planning and holding retreats (for crafters) on a semi-annual basis.  I work with my sister, Lois, and 2 neices - Danelle & Robin.  It is a lot of work, but so very fun!!  We call it 4 Girls & A Dream and we hold these retreats in April and October.  (check out our blog at: janstamps.wordpress.com)
I am active in the LDS church and right now my calling is playing the organ in Sacrament Meeting.  It is a challenge because it has been years since I practiced the organ, and since I don't have one at my house, I either wing it or have to make time to go to the church to practice.  Wendell is the chorister, but he shows no sympathy to me when he chooses the songs. 
I love chocolate, but the other day when my girls asked me what my favorite dessert was, all of the ones I thought of were NOT chocolate.  Isn't that funny!!?  Oh well, I love anything chocolate too. 
That's a little about me.  Now I guess I tag someone else to do this.  Catherine Cazier and Kami Millward.  You Go Girls - Have fun 

1 comment:

~L said...

Glad to see you did it! It wasn't so bad was it? How's all the classes going? I've been taking photos like crazy...