Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jacob Called

Yesterday was a rainy day and Jenna was supposed to be having a cheerleader fundraiser car wash - DIDN'T HAPPEN. But, she was able to go to the temple to do baptisms instead, so it was all good. I worked on wedding invitations while she was gone, Wendell was sick in bed, and Melanie was catching up on sleep. It was quiet and nice and I got quite a bit done. Then in the afternoon, some of the YW presidency came over to work on these cool "self-esteem" keep rings we are making to give to the girls at camp. It was a blast and we got all the covers done. But in the middle of that, Jenna answered the phone and said "mom, it's Jacob." I was very excited. He was able to talk for 1/2 hour and we used every minute. He is in Boise now, and will be there for 1-3 more weeks, then will move on to Cottonwood. He said we can actually visit him once he is there, so we'll probably try to do that later in the summer. He said it was kind of boring and he's been reading - thanks to another inmate that let him read some books from the prison library. Since he is only there temporarily, he can't go to the library and check books out. Strange system!! Anyway, I was happy to hear from him. He said he sent us a letter with his address on it, so we'll be able to write to him. I may try to write a letter today so it's ready to go once his letter gets here.
We thought we had his house rented, but then the people changed their minds - bummer!! I will be happy when we get that done. Wendell is still working on little things and we have to get the new front door installed this week. The bathroom cabinet is in, and Wendell will do the light/ceiling fan in the living room tomorrow. Then we still have some paint touch up to do, but it's mostly ready and done.
We have been having more rain - it's crazy. We just don't normally get this kind of rain in the spring. Our grass in the back is like a pasture, but it never gets dry enough to mow. Too bad the dog and cats don't eat grass. We may have to get a goat or a sheep - but I don't think the neighbors or the city would really like that.
I am so excited - my new "pre-order" stuff from SU will be here tomorrow. I can hardly stand the thoughts of going to work and not being here when it comes. I am so excited about the In-Colors. Every sample I've seen, I've loved the colors. I hope to get a chance to do something with it tomorrow night. Of course, the added treat is that my demo copy of the new catalog will also be in that box!! WOO HOO!! I may be doing some of the June card exchange -Sympathy- with new stuff. I can't wait.
Speaking of stamping - I am still looking for members to fill up my clubs for the next round. One spot is in the 11 month club - January, and I have 2 spots in a 6-month club. The 4 ladies in that club haven't picked months yet, so I'm not sure where the openings are there. If you are interested, contact me soon. I would also be willing to do 1 more club of either 12 or 6 members. If you have some friends that enjoy stamping and want to do fun projects, these clubs are a great way to learn new techniques and also to earn free benefits. Depending on the club, the commitments to be a members will be $20 or $25 each month of your club. You will get one turn to be the hostess and each month you will get to come and learn fun things and do projects. Call today to join.
That's all for now - I have to get dinner prepped before we leave for church. The sun is shinig-kind of - but the wind is blowing - so I better use lots of hairspray today. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: